Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Another Day

UPDATE:  The marble is out.  We think.  Using plastic forks to comb through poop is evidently not always enough to find a marble.  We hadn't found it as of Monday, so they did another x-ray and said they couldn't see it anymore!  

Well, another day, another adventure.  Isn't that how the saying goes?  Oh wait...that's not a saying?  Well, it is around here. 

Our newest adventure took us to the ER yesterday.  In the afternoon, Tyson popped a marble from the Mancala game into his mouth because he was being a stinker.  It caught him by suprise when he swallowed it.  I wish I had a picture of his face.  It was a look of half shock and half "I know I'm in biiiig trouble".  So, I called Nate and he called our doctor just to see what they thought about it.  The nurse was a little concerned about it getting stuck in his bowels and thought we should go in for an x-ray.  Also, Tyson was complaining about it still being stuck in his throat.  So, around 5:00, we decided to take him in.  They x-rayed him and found the marble in his stomach.  Thankfully he swallowed a marble with a design in the middle and not just a clear marble or they wouldn't have been able to see it!  Anyway, the doctor thought it should pass through ok, but we need to be...*ahem*...watching for it. 

If you had told me when I was 15 that someday I would have to look for a marble in my kid's poop, I probably would have died on the spot.  Ok, I probably would not have died, but I certainly would not have had children.  But, now, searching poop for marbles is just all in a day's work.

1 comment: