Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleepwalking

We have a sleepwalker in our house. Her name is Addy. We have found her running laps from the front of the house to the back ("just getting some exercise!"). Sometimes she just stands by us and says, "um, um, um, um..." until we tell her to go potty and get back in bed. Other times she says really crazy things. It was a little freaky at first to hear crazy things in her sleepy voice along with seeing her glazed over look. Now, it's just funny.

Now, I'm wondering if we have two sleepwalkers. Tyson got up the other night completely freaking out. He was hysterical. We had him go to the bathroom (because sometimes he gets a little hysterical when he wakes up and has to go really bad), but then that didn't help. He just sat on the bathroom rug sobbing. We were asking him, "What's the matter?! What hurts?!" No answer...just sobbing. Nate asked, "Tyson. What happened?!" and Tyson finally answered. (Through sobs) "I...I...I...I punched myself!!"

We just stood in silence. How do you console a kid who thinks he's punched himself? Strange. Just strange. And for the record...the sleepwalking comes from Nate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment