Friday, March 18, 2011

Critical Thinking

I remember doing a lot of activities in school that had to do with critical thinking skills.  None of them prepared me for the critical thinking/quick thinking that I would need to do as a mother.  I would have been more prepared if one of the questions on a test went something like this:

Your 3 year-old runs into the bathroom and locks the door (because his older siblings lock the door, he thinks he can too; see question 23).  A little while later, you hear him calling, "Mama!  Mama!"  You go to the bathroom to help him only to discover a locked door (you have previously discovered on a different day that you cannot pick a lock no matter how hard you try).  You call to him, "Open the door please!  Mommy can't help you when you lock the door!"  He responds, "I can't!  I have poop on my fingers!"  What do you do?

2 comments:

  1. SO, what DID you do??? LOL I can't help but laugh! That will be Abby for sure. I think I'd freak out (and get new doorknobs that either don't have locks or have keys to go w/them)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! hilarious.... life is never boring, right?

    ReplyDelete