"Miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me"...that's something I have heard a lot recently. Just one of the many things we never let our first child say. Now, we laugh when our third child says it. We also let our 3rd child wear a headband all evening tonight (we made him take it off for church). We have learned to pick our battles.
So, here we are...how long has it been since my last blog post? I forgot to look before I started this one, but I know it's been a LONG time! Please leave me comments along the way...it makes me feel like someone is listening to all of my babbling (and maybe you care?)!
Landon is 6 months old already. Where has the time gone?? He has grown up in what feels like the blink of an eye. He is rolling, pushing himself backwards, eating baby food, sort of sitting up, and he loves to sing and talk! He is very opinionated and very dramatic. I can't wait to see what his older sister can teach him. *sigh*. He is generally the center of attention and even when he is sleeping, the kids have a very hard time leaving him alone! He is such a joy and a huge blessing to us!
Tyson. Wow. What to say about Tyson? He keeps us laughing!! He is 3 and constantly on the go. He likes to always be doing what his older brother and sister are doing (even listening to their school sometimes!). He is so silly all of the time and is challenging and amusing all at the same time! There are many, many times with Tyson that I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing when I'm trying to discipline him. He is enjoying this nice winter weather and wants to be outside every second that he can!
Addy is about to turn 7 (March 28th) and has just recently turned into quite the young lady. All of a sudden my "little girl" is gone. Just today I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said "umm...my ears pierced and some make-up. Oh, and my own laptop too!" What happened to the days of asking for Pet Shop and Barbies?? She is in 1st grade and loves school on most days. She's becoming quite the little reader! I was really struggling to find books for her to read from the library until I took her to the non-fiction section. Now she is like a kid in a candy store when we are at the library! She said she only likes books with the "real pictures" in them, not the cartoon books! She is active in homeschool tumbling, cheerleading, and AWANA. She is really looking forward to being a flower girl in her uncle's (and soon-to-be aunt's) wedding this June!
Creighton is 9 and I'm loving (almost) every minute of the stage he is in now. We are both loving his school this year and I have been learning right alongside him! He loves to read also and will often be found reading quietly on the couch in his free time. He enjoys being around friends and he is active in basketball, homeschool tumbling, AWANA, and a play that he is in at church. He is very excited about his role in the play and can't wait to perform this weekend!
Nate and I are...trying to keep up with everything! I feel like every night we're running the kids here or there! It has been such a great winter so I can't complain about getting out! We cherish our family time and are learning to balance our family time with all of the kids' activities. We're going to have to draw the line somewhere when 4 of them are all in activities--whew! Nate is really, really busy at work with some new policies they have put into practice, but he does such a great job leaving his work at work and coming home in a good mood ready to tackle life with 4 kids. He is wonderful about giving me breaks when I need them! =) I run around all day like a chicken with it's head cut off, but I can't imagine life any other way. It is SO trying and some days I love being home and some days I hate it. It is so rewarding, though, to watch them learn and see "light bulbs" go off in their minds when they get something! And the many, many laughs make up for some of those hards days!
Thanks for checking in on us! I will try to get back to posting a little more! =)
14 years ago




It is great to read your blog about the family. I missed it and am glad for this blog. I know you are very busy, so thanks for taking the time. You are doing a great job with homeschooling the kids.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine why you aren't updating your blog more often, it sounds like you are just sitting around twiddling your thumbs all day! ;)
ReplyDelete